Re: (ASCEND) The USR Total control chassis (fwd)

Once upon a time Phillip Vandry shaped the electrons to say...
>You can note the current setting of this option in the "sh global" output:
>  Extd. IPXCP Opts: OFF        Acct AuthChk: ON           Send DNS info: ON
>The default, OFF, is **BAD**! (Why is it the default?)

History.  People are still running servers that don't handle this, and
breaking things overnight with a new OS is rude.  So they kept things the
same as always by default, but allow people to turn it on if needed.

Like on PMs - in 3.5 we started doing VLSM and honoring RADIUS netmasks set
for users.  Now, since we didn't in the past people have some pretty poor
netmasks set in RADIUS - like "255.255.255.0" which would route a /24 to
the user.  So it is off by default and 'set user-netmask on' is used to
tell ComOS to honor the netmasks.  Gives people time to clean up the mess
and prepare to use it.  Maybe eventually it'll be on by default, once it
has been out for a while.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588