(ASCEND) Q: lan security error

I'm using a max4000 (5.0Ap13) to call a P50 (5.1A), which is set to call
back. The max4000 has the "expect callback" set to YES.

>From time to time, the P50 calls back while the initiating connection is
still up on the max4000, resulting in a "LAN security error". I am aware
that this problem is known for quite some time and also was on this list
some months ago. I'm all the more amazed that it seems still to be an
issue. Or are there any firmwares or settings around that would allow me
to circumvent the problem ?

thanks
-daniel

ps: i know the "two profile" approach to avoid the security error. but
i'd rather _solve_ it than sidestep it, if possible.