Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline connection

> I have a customer with a P50 connected via cross-over to an NT Server.
> Uptimes will creep into the days and it is to my understanding it's
> NetBeui traffic keeping the line up...

What version of software is the P50 using?

How did you reach that understanding?

I would recommend you go back to basics:

1) Remove the filter from connection profile on the P50.
   On the P50 have the customer force the connection to Hangup.
   Does it immediately dial out again?
   If not, then the problem is not traffic from the NT Server.

2) If the P50 tries to dial out then enter Diagnostics and issue the
   "wdDialout" command.  wdDialout will toggle the wandata display of
   packets which cause dialouts.
   1) On the P50 have the customer force the connection to Hangup.
   2) When the connection is reestablished enter Diagnostics and recover
      the information on the packet that caused the dialing attempt.
   3) Write a filter rule to block the packet.
   4) Install the packet filter as a Call Filter on the connection.

   Iterate and add new filters until the P50 no longer brings up the
   connection.  Decide if all the filters are appropriate and clean up.

3) If the P50 does not dial out again then double check the idle timer
   setting.  Make sure it is not "0".  This disables the idle timer.

4) If the P50 does not dial out again and the idle timer is okay then
   the problem is probably inbound traffic from the network.  You can
   install a Call Filter that will prevent all inbound traffic from
   resetting the idle timer.