Re: (ASCEND) Have to hit a key for prompt in terminal window?

On Mon, Oct 27, 1997 at 09:44:56PM +0100, Manfred Kwiatkowski wrote:
> Phillip Vandry <vandry@Mlink.NET> writes:
>
> > By the way, you mention that your terminal adapter users use terminal
> > logins. I assume yo mean ISDN terminal adapters, in which case this is
> > a Bad Thing. That means they probably use V.120 (the only way to do
> > anything terminal-like over ISDN) instead of PPP and it costs
> > performance.
>
> Well, he _could_ use use "X.75". But I would not want to judge which is
> worse :-)

Neither V.120 nor X.75 are the worst, which is clearly V.110 ;->

Anyway, ISDN TAs which have no way to speak sync PPP (be it async/sync
conversion or some other sort of HDLC interface) are a pain to deal with
and belong to the same trashcan as V.FC modems and thelike. Plugging async
PPP into an async emulation on a sync medium just to get a sync protocol
to the other side is inherently braindead...

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |