Re: (ASCEND) Retrains

For better, worse, or silly LAPM (v.42) is in fact designed to disconnect
if it doesn't like what's happening.  There is some formula, but I don't
know what it is and it probably doesn't really matter unless your writing a
modem.

A possible work-around is to simply disable v.42 error control (either at
the client end or yours), but if the lines (or connections) are that bad,
it might not buy you much.  Another possible work-around could be to
restrict the modem connection rate, but your already showing 14.4k, and ya
don't get much worse than that.

Also, if the client is using a sportster (or is it courier?), people have
reported better success with disabling v.42bis on the client side... seems
odd to me, but that's what they've said, at least when connecting to K56Flex.

Do you get CRC errors in your WAN Stat window?

BTW, how do you generate those reports?

Joseph