Re: (ASCEND) Inter operability & BACP,DBA,BOD et. al. (fwd)

Once upon a time Kevin Smith shaped the electrons to say...
>>And it is needless overhead since it is hard to have a simple setting that
>>says "oh, bring up the second channel if the traffic reaches level X".
>So here you vote NO, and...

My personal opinion as an engineer is that is is not needed.

>>Yes, I think we should do BACP too.  But I think it is wasteful for most
>>applications.
>...YES. Are you running for Governor or something ;) ?

My opinion as a *realist* is that customers still shop with checklists
and they are looking for BACP.  And from a business perspective I think we
need to do it to interoperate.  Like it or not, the Pipeline IS a dominant
SOHO box and people want to dial into PortMasters on the headend.

We'll still work on getting them to buy ORs instead of course. ;-)

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588