Re: (ASCEND) Debug mode on MAX TNT

At 09:49 AM 9/3/97 -0400, Enrique Torres Angeles wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have a MAX TNT and I tried go into the debug mode because I need activate
>some hash codes, I tried use the same keyboard combination
>( <esc> <[> <esc> <=> ) that I use with my MAX 4000 but it didn't go into
the
>debug mode.
>
>Please could you tell me how i can go into the debug mode in a MAX TNT ?

There is not an exact equivalent.

'debug' is activated by toggling one of the debug commands.

If you type a question mark, you'll see commands tagged as "debug" eg :

admin> ?
 ?                              ( user )
 @fatalTest                     ( debug )
 acctevnt                       ( debug )
 addrpool                       ( debug )
 arptable                       ( system )
 atmpdebug                      ( debug )

once you've toggled 'on' the debug command of choice, you must turn on the
switch that causes the output to be displayed to your screen :

eg :

admin> debug on
Diagnostic output enabled
admin>
admin> debug off
Diagnostic output disabled
admin>

Further - your administrative user profile must have debug enabled.  For
example, if I want 'admin' to be able to use debug :

admin>
admin> read user admin
USER/admin read
admin> set allow-debug =yes
admin> write
USER/admin written
admin>

Note that if you list a user profile that doesn't have 'allow-debug' set to
yes, this parameter will not show up in the 'list'

	Dave.

>Regards
>--
>                                              Atentamente.

****
>Enrique Josue Torres Angeles                eta@rcp.net.pe
>Dept. de Proyectos                          Lima - Peru
>Dept. de Operaciones
>Red Cientifica Peruana                      Telefono : 51-1-9544799
>Av. Larco 770 - Miraflores                             51-1-2415689
>    3er Piso                                Fax : 51-1-2411320

David Howard               Escalation Support
Ascend Communications      Service & Support
dhoward@ascend.com         http://www.ascend.com/service