(ASCEND) Re: Max 200+ and BRI hunt groups (SUMMARY)

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997 21:30:41 -0700, John_Vonnahme@ascend.com said:

> Saw something like this happen once... it was also on GTE provided BRI, but
> on a different MAX (1800, I think).

> The problem was in the BRI provisioning on the switch end, and I wouldn't
> say it was a GTE  configuration fault, more an unfortunate choice.   They
> had set the channels up for "EKTS=YES"; we want "EKTS=NO".

> Should be worth a shot, but you've got to have the provider do it on their
> end... nothing we can do about it on the max end.

Feh.  Turns out the answer to the problem was on the Ascend web pages at

	http://www.ascend.com/890.html (how to configure hunt groups on
					a 5ESS)
and	http://www.ascend.com/719.html (how to configure the Max 200+
					to work with a hunt group)

Thanks to Jim Howard (jhoward@lyceum.com) for this bit of information,
but a big ugly Bronx cheer to every last friggin' Ascend tech who didn't
even know about these pages (or this configuration issue)!  The problem
was that the Pri Number and Sec Number parameters MUST be blank for all
but the main hunt group number.  (You still need the SPIDs for each
channel, though.)  This stuff is NOWHERE in our Max documentation,
something that makes me see red.  If you search using the keyword
'rotary' on the Ascend website, you get nothing.  You have to use the
keywords 'hunt group'.  Worse, I can't find any way to get to those
pages directly using the support page (http://www.ascend.com/169.html).
This is really annoying, but sadly typical for Ascend.

All this leads me to another question: is there any scheduled release
date for an updated version of the Max 200+ documentation?  There are
*so* many new parameters in the patch releases that probably a third of
them aren't in the book that shipped with the box.  Also, how can we buy
an updated set?

--
Robert L. McMillin | Not the voice of Syseca, Inc. | rlm@syseca-us.com
	   Personal: rlm@helen.surfcty.com | rlm@netcom.com