(ASCEND) Re: Known Bug Tracking

        Kevin Smith said:

>TR information will be accessible via the web-site in the near future. It
>is currently being beta-tested, and will be accessible with a service
>contract password.

        Let me see if I understand this:

        If I have a problem with my Maxen or my Pipelinia, I can send an
        e-mail to support@ascend.com, and take up the time of the tech
        support staff (or call the 800-number and run up Ascend's phone
        bill too!) or I can post to this list, and take up MANY people's
        time (including Kevin's, which is once again a cost to Ascend).

        But if one wants to go through the list of known bugs without
        running up Ascend's costs, one must have an Ascend service
        contract?

        This is obviously a new and excitingly different definition of
        the term "product support" to which I have hitherto been
        unexposed.

        Fellow stockholders, take note.

		Vita non est vivere sed valere vita est!

james fischer                                jfischer@supercollider.com