Re: (ASCEND) Unmetered ISDN VOICE calls

Perhaps the switch viewed the calls as being non-local? There was a
problem recently with a bad DMS100 software load that was charging some
Pac Bell customers in California as if they were in a different area code
served by the same switch they're under. There's a Telecom Digest article
about that on the newsgroup or at
http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/telecom-archives/TELECOM_Digest_Online/0560.html