Re: (ASCEND) Unmetered ISDN VOICE calls

This issue of the LEC detecting data over voice sounds quite suspect to me.
I know that AT&T has a technique to detect DOVBS, but I haven't heard of
any deployment. I also know that GTE hasn't upgraded their switches recently.

On another issue, I just got a letter from Len Kubik, Jr., AT&T ISDN
Product Manager. It said I should be aware that I may not have received a
billing statement for charges made to my account. My next bill may contain
charges for calls made in previous months. I can't wait to see this bill!

I also got a $661 GTE/AT&T bill which included $2.78 per minute digital
calls to Europe. I'm on the AT&T reach out plan, but they say it only
applies to voice calls. Of course, the person I talked to at AT&T hadn't
heard of anything called ISDN.

While I'm rambling, why is it that I receive a separate AT&T bill for my
GTE POTS line, but a combined GTE/AT&T bill for ISDN?

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com