Re: (ASCEND) MAX Loosing STATIC ROUTES

I have had this problem with my MAXen as far back as I can recall.  A
static route that has a gateway that is part of a negotiated connection
(dialup POTS or ISDN) does not get put in the route table.  Looks like
the MAX does not rescan the static routes table upon each connect to see if
the route needs to be reactivated.  If you use RADIUS, you can include the
route in the user profile and it will come active with the connect.  I reported
this problem to Ascend last year ... they just weren't interested in looking
into it.

Erich Stick                             Sierra-Net Internet service
SysOp                                   (702) 832-6911
erichs@sierra.net