Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline 400

>At 03:37 PM 9/25/97 -0500, Brian Engle wrote:
>> Does anyone know if a Pipeline 400 ( I know it's old ) will support an
MPP
>>call using more than 2 BRI channels?
>
>Yes it could connect upto all available channels. On the 4BRI unit you
should
>be able to connect with 8 B-channels when so configured.
>
>>The box is running 4.6C and has 2 ISDN lines installed.
>
>Do they both show up correctly? Have you ever been able to make calls go
out
>of the 2nd BRI line for example?

Yes, D channel signalling is detected and some of the 2 channel calls
connected use the first B channel from each ISDN line, and other calls use
both of the B channels from the first line.

>> Far side is a Max
>>4000.  Radius authentication is being used with no channel limit in the
>>radius profile, and 4 channel maximum set in the Answer profile on the
Max.

>So I assume you are getting 2 channels up so far...

Yes.

>>Various settings in the Encaps options have been tried for Min/Max and
Base
>>channel counts, none of which seem to help.  Load threshold is set at 10%
>>try to force an additional channel to be added and the CLU definitely gets
>>above the threshold for extended periods, yet no additional channels are
>>added.  No dial attempt is even made.
>
>When set to base-channel-count = 4 what happens ?

I get a 2 channel call completed with a Lan Session up and then no
additional channels attempt to dial.

>>Any insight is appreciated,
>
>Maybe we need to get some debug output from this, if no-one else suggested
>anything that works. I would imagine tech support will want you on the
latest
>available released software version to rule out any fixes that occurred
since
>the 4.6C version....is that feasible?

A code upgrade would be OK.  If you know of a good code rev for the 400 ( as
few bugs as possible please ) let me know.  I doubt code has been developed
in the 5.0 range for the 400, so I assume it will still be 4.6C something.