Re: (ASCEND) Booting Users via SNMP

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Mark Nordberg wrote:

> I have written a whole web interface for showing users with speeds, ip,
> duration, showing radius stats, showing modem dead/busy/suspect modems,
> and a list of events on the max.
>
> I had the same problem with ssnStatusValidFlag and ssnActiveValidFlag.
> I opened a ticket with ascend and they have reproduced this problem and
> have told me that they have an engineering working on the problem currently.
>
> Hence, in some release in the future, this function wil be returned and
> hanging up on users will be easy.  Exactly which version of 5.0A patch will
> fix this is really up to Ascend.

Well, I guess it's good to know it's not a problem with my scripts.
I've got a similar package I've been working on for a while now.  Web
interface as well as a textbased commandline interface.  Includes user
searching, viewing a single max, and querying a list of maxes, and
generating a report of all users logged in for more than a specified
number of hours.  (very useful).  The big thing I want to add is the
booting, but I guess I'll just have to wait. .   *shrug*

Thanks for the nfo.