(ASCEND) Enabling Syslog

I have tried to enable the syslog feature on 3 different Ascend P50's.
Although I know that there have been outages, nothing shows up in the
directory I've specified for the syslog to write to.
For example:

Log Host=128.121.100.11
Log Port=514
Log Facility=Local5

I've set up a directory called routerlog on the log host but, even though
I know there have been outages, nothing is logged.

The directory is owned by root which runs syslog.  In our syslog.conf the
entry looks like:

local5.info                                     /var/log/routerlog

Is there anything wrong with this setup??

*  Susan Donnelly
*  Network Operations
*  Verio Philadelphia
*  Phone: 215-682-0100, x12