(ASCEND) : Help needed with filters on pipe50

Hi All,
 I need to set up filtering on a pipe50, so it does _not_ bring
up the line for private IP addresses (192.168.x.x) but will activate
for public ones (194.242.x.x).

 So far I've got
20-401 IP Call
 In Filter 01
  Valid=Yes
   Type=IP
   Generic....
   Ip...
        Forward=No
        Src Mask=255.255.255.0
        Src Adrs=192.168.0.0
        Dst Mask=0.0.0.0
         Dst Adrs=0.0.0.0
         Protocol=6
        (everything else here is default)

  In Filter 02
   The same except Protocol = 17

And then two OutFilters the same as the two InFilters,
and a terminating generic filter that forwards everthing.

 My confusion comes from activating the filters in the
Connection profile. The manual says:
"The Filters menu contains a list of numbered profiles. When
applying a filter, you identify it by the unique portion of its
Filter Profile number (for example 1,2,3...)"

 My question is, is the numbered profile "20-401" for
IP filtering? If so, is the unique portion "1". If that's true, does
Ip filtering actually work on pipe50s? Coz I can't stop the
thing bringing up the line for private IP.

TIA
  nick