Re: (ASCEND) RADIUS: radif on TNT vs 4048

Joe Pautler wrote:
]
]we have recently installed (2) tnt's to add to our two 4048's.
]i have noticed that the "radif" diagnostic command seems to
]work drastically different.  on the 4048's i can see the queries
]being sent to the radius servers, and i can see the reply coming
]back containing all of the attributes, etc.  however when i turn on
]radif on the tnt's i can authenticate with the tnt without ever
]seeing a single radif message....although i do see some radif messages
]every once and a while...but not nearly as verbose as with the 4048's.
]i know that i am authenticating via radius because i can watch
]it happen via tcpdump (unix sniffer).  the tnt's shipped with 2.0.7 and
]i saw this behavior.  i have since upgraded them to 2.1.3 and they
]still act the same.  can anyone give me any input on this?  thanks!

and the answer is...  you have to have a session opened with the
specific card/slot (modem, hdlc, etc) that is causing the
radius traffic, *and* you must enable debugging.  such as:

TNT200-79 <Manager> open 2 7

mdm56k-2/7> debug on
Diagnostic output enabled
mdm56k-2/7> radif