Re: (ASCEND) Q.931 setup

On  4 Aug 98 at 20:17, Chris Mitchell wrote:

> I am trying to setup a max 4000 to use Q.931 but am having no luck at all.
>
> We are connected to NTL who have not been able to help beyond telling us we
> should be able to use Q.931.
>
> What we really need to know is: what network and framing types should we
> use, and how do we set them up?

Just to confuse matters....

I have two different Q.931 setups for different Telcos.

Energis use a Nortel DMS-100 setup, and I run:

Sig Mode=ISDN
Switch Type=NET5
Framing Mode=2DS

Cable & Wireless feed me off a Nokia DX200, so I use:

Sig Mode=ISDN
Switch Type=NET5
Framing Mode=G.703

(Set Clock Source=Yes in both cases).

Phone them up and ask them what Model of switch you are fed from (and
don't let go until you get an answer <g>).

I have a feeling that NTL may use different kit depending on the area
- because the different cable franchises that the have purchased have
a different installed equipment base.

Mike
--
Mike Hughes - Network Services         mike@dircon.net