Re: (ASCEND) 6.0.10 for Max

At 09:05 PM 8/6/98 +0200, Lars Marowsky-Brée wrote:
>On 1998-08-06T11:32:50,
>   kevin <kevin.b@flash.net> said:
>
>> There's 3 versions that are actively being developed.
>>
>> 6.0.x
>> 6.1.x
>> 7.0beta
>
>I don't understand.
>
>I do understand that 7.0 is the version which will cure all, make the sun
>shine and the rain stop etc (much like Cisco IOS 12.x).

7.0 is where we should have all platforms in step, the TNT, MAX and (I think)
Pipelines will be released at this level.

>I thought 6.1.x was the new "latest" stuff.

6.1 is a minor feature release based on 6.0 - i.e. it added some new features
since the 6.0 branch.

>How does 6.0.x fit ? Isn't it obsoleted by 6.1.x? Shouldn't development
>focus on 6.1.x?

6.0 has a specific feature set which some may want to use - is does not
have the
V.90 code for example (which some may decide not to go with for a while).
So we
will continue to provide bug-fix releases (6.0.X) for that branch while we see
demand for it.

>What is the major difference between 6.1 and 6.0 ?

The best way to see that is to refer to the release notes for 6.1 to see which
new features it added.

Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.