(ASCEND) V.90 and older modems/X2/K56flex issues

Since taking the plunge to V.90 (6.1.0) on May 31st, and 6.1.3 on June
25th, a lot of users have had problems with:

1.	Connecting
2.	Connect speeds
3.	Getting dropped

These issues mostly affect older modems and X2/K56flex units that have not
been upgraded to V.90.

Telling a client to buy a new V.90 modem is not always a popular solution.

Below are my settings that relate to modem connections.  Should I change
something?  Are there other configurable items that I'm not listing that
could affect connections?

Ethernet/Mod Config/TServ options
MDM Trn Level=-15
MDM Modulation=V.90
Cell First=No
Cell Level=18

Ethernet/Answer/PPP Options
LQM=No (Back when this was working I had MIN=1000, MAX=6000)
Link Comp=MS-Stac
VJ Comp=Yes

| Peter A. Clausen | Cornerstone Networks   |
| peter@cstone.net | 410 East Water Street  |
|    President     | Charlottesville, VA    |
|   804-817-7000   | http://www.cstone.net/ |