Re: (ASCEND) Slow e-mail send when using NAT on P75

Hi,

In article <702bde243755@news.allcon.net> you wrote:

>If I use Single IP Addr NAT, all is fine until I try to send an
>e-mail, then I will sit there and wait forever, like 35-45 seconds.
>If I use Multi IP addr NAT, my e-mail will be sent immediately..

The mail server you're delivering the mail to is trying to connect
to your auth/ident port at 113 (to no avail). After a while it will
time out and accept the mail anyway.
A simple solution is to create a static (NAT) mapping on your
pipeline that points to port 113 on the machine inside your LAN that
is trying to send the mail.

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>