From: PFell@unmf.com [mailto:PFell@unmf.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 1998 10:38 AM
To: ascend-users@bungi.com
Subject: (ASCEND) Re: Max2000

     Forgive my ignorance but has anyone tried to setup dial-out over the
     Lan via an Ascend box.

     Our box setup (2024 E1 bundle, one PRI line, 2 x 12 k56 boards,
     5.0Ap36,eak.m20,Net 5 and 2DS)

     A single number is used to dial-in and this works fine.

     Basically the manuals say that if I enable Tserv and Immediate Modem +
     Modem Dialout then I can Telnet into the box and issue modem AT
     commands, ATDTxxxx where xxxx=Valid phone number etc.. to dial-out.

     The above works but I get a No Carrier message after the ATDTxxxx

     I'm really only doing the above to test whether Dial-out works with
     the intention of installing MaxDial software on Win 3.X/Win95 PCs etc
     to do the job.

     Any ideas would be appreciated regards dialing out.

     Thanks,

     Peter Fell (pfell@unmf.com)