Re: (ASCEND) V.90 and older modems/X2/K56flex issues

> >> Since taking the plunge to V.90 (6.1.0) on May 31st,
> >> and 6.1.3 on June 25th, a lot of users have had problems with:
> >>
> >> 1. Connecting, 2. Connect speeds, 3. Getting dropped
> >>

> We found similar situations ...
>
> After a couple of weeks of analysis (disconnect codes,
> working one-on-one with certain users, etc.) we found
> that 99% of the problems disappear when you flash
> the client side modem with the "latest" version of the
> v.90 code from the modem manufacturer!

 This is probably the first positive comments I have  heard  about  the  new
 6.1.3  V.90  code. We are anxious to make the upgrade, but have been slowed
 by the onslought of negative comments and feedback.

 While Bob had to struggle through with customers having  old  firmware,  at
 least  there  was  light  at  the  end of the tunnel. He makes it sounds as
 though if we just prepare customers  for  the  likely  fact  they  have  to
 upgrade, then the process should be "smooth" (or at least workable).

 I'm curious whether others are having similarly positive  experiences,  and
 we  are just not hearing about it. Can anyone who has made the upgrade, and
 cares to share their experiences post back to the list. Any comments,  good
 and bad are appreciated.

 Thanks

---
Jim C., President       | C A R R O L L - N E T, Inc.
201-488-1332            | New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
www.carroll.com         |
www.message-server.com  | Carroll-Net  Message Server.