Re: (ASCEND) Who's got a Max 6000?

Marcel Brown wrote:

> >It is time to upgrade again and we are kicking around the idea of a Max
> >6000.  I am looking for any reviews from the people that have them in
> >service.  What kind of price did you shell out and is anybody/company
> >offering their version of a Max 6096?
>
> Good question. I was about to ask the same thing.
>
> In our situation, we are about to outgrow a single Max 4048. Should we get
> another 4048, should we add a 6000 to the 4048, or would we be better off
> selling the current 4048 and replacing it with a 6000? I guess the main
> issue would be price/performance, with the next issue being the complexity
> of stacking multiple 4048's.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcel

I think it comes down to a money issue. We've got a lot of 4000s, but
learned early on to just run 3 PRIs into them. With 72 modem models
out there used for 12-15K (sometimes less) it's damned hard to justify
a 6000 if that's all you need. BUT, we have just one 6000 and it has
4 CTIs in it and 96 modems and runs the hell out of V.90 and has
given us absolutely zero problems, even when the heat wave was killing
our 4000s, so.....I doubt I'll ever get another 4000 unless the
bottom falls out of the market. SInce the performance is pretty equal
(given our scenario) I'd probably start snapping them up around the $8k
point.

'Shot