Re: (ASCEND) MAX1800 rejects incoming calls

> I'm having the same symptoms on my Max 1800.
> 4 BRI Centrex lines setup in a circular hunt group. Served by a 5ESS,
> National ISDN.
>
> Incoming calls made by the remote nodes (P75s, 5.1A) to the main hunt
> group number are rejected by the Max 1800 (5.0Ap36). Outgoing calls to
> that same remote node are successful. This only happens when one of the
> remote nodes has already connected using the main hunt group number. The
> first remote node to call in, does get connected. It's just no other
> remote nodes are then able to connect.
>
> If I reconfig a remote node to use use the direct number of one of the
> other hunt group lines, then the connection is established.
>
> 'sh isdn 1' on the 1800 shows:
> NL: CALL REJECTED/OTHER DEST: 5486110

The problem is probably that you have not told the MAX that the phone
number is a huntgroup number and thus may be used on one or more lines.
If you do not configure the huntgroup number, especially if it does not
match an existing number, then the MAX will recognize that the dialed
number does not match the Pri Num/Sec Num associated with the line and
reject the call.

You can configure the MAX to recognize the hunt group number using the
"Ans #" parameter.  Ethernet>Mod Config>WAN options...>Ans 1#=

The following is from the Reference section of the MAX manual:

 Ans N# (N=1-4)

 It appears in a number of profiles. In each case, it indicates "route calls