Re: (ASCEND) MAX1800 rejects incoming calls

I'm having the same symptoms on my Max 1800.
4 BRI Centrex lines setup in a circular hunt group. Served by a 5ESS,
National ISDN.

Incoming calls made by the remote nodes (P75s, 5.1A) to the main hunt
group number are rejected by the Max 1800 (5.0Ap36). Outgoing calls to
that same remote node are successful. This only happens when one of the
remote nodes has already connected using the main hunt group number. The
first remote node to call in, does get connected. It's just no other
remote nodes are then able to connect.

If I reconfig a remote node to use use the direct number of one of the
other hunt group lines, then the connection is established.

'sh isdn 1' on the 1800 shows:
NL: CALL REJECTED/OTHER DEST: 5486110

Does anyone know how to get more info from the Max 1800 about *why* the
call is being rejected.

'sh isdn' on the P75 show:
NL: CALL REQUEST: 64K, #6110
NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 18  B1  #6110

The P75 is using 4 digit centrex dailing because it is in the centrex
group but I am seeing the same symptom from P75s that are not in the
centrex group and using 7-digit dialing.

Cause code 18 - No user responding.

I have the Pri Num and Sec num on the first line set to the numbers for
B1 and B2. On all other lines, I have these fields blank.
Net/BRI->Line Config->Factory->Line 1->Pri Num
Net/BRI->Line Config->Factory->Line 1->Sec Num

Any help/pointers appreciated.

Bhavesh Patel
InternetSite Technologies, Inc.
lobotomy@internetsite.com