RE: (ASCEND) MAX1800 rejects incoming calls

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Kevin Smith wrote:

> > OH and I might add, the MAX answers ANALOG calls just fine (no digital
> > modems installed) I can call from my analog phone and the Max picks it and
> > goes to the Answer profile BUT ISDN calls get rejected.
> >
> > I also noticed in the 10-100 Sys Options window this...
> > Data Calls...
> > Not Installed
> >
> > This doesn't show upon my MAX that works just fine. And I have the full 10
> > digit phone numbers in the Slots along with the spids.
>
> Aha! ...hmmm....that is weird. If DATA CALLS is not installed, then all ISDN
> calls ought to fail - even the ones on the main hunt-group number. (Or did I
> miss something in the original message).

well calls placed by the MAX (to a pipeline go through, it's just calls
coming IN that get rejected, why would you guys ship a supposedly New unit
with this feature disabled?

> To answer ISDN calls, you need the DATA CALLS feature enabled. I'm not aware
> of
> any configuration of the MAX1800 where it is disabled, so you can probably
> get
> tech support to fix that for you with a quick hash-code update.

I got this box from Data comm warehouse, it's loaded with 6.0.0, maybe It
came off the back of a lorry or something :) Shouldn't It be loaded with
6.0.4 or better?