RE: (ASCEND) MAX1800 rejects incoming calls

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Kevin Smith wrote:

> > OH and I might add, the MAX answers ANALOG calls just fine (no digital
> > modems installed) I can call from my analog phone and the Max picks it and
> > goes to the Answer profile BUT ISDN calls get rejected.
> >
> > I also noticed in the 10-100 Sys Options window this...
> > Data Calls...
> > Not Installed
> >
> > This doesn't show upon my MAX that works just fine. And I have the full 10
> > digit phone numbers in the Slots along with the spids.
>
> Aha! ...hmmm....that is weird. If DATA CALLS is not installed, then all ISDN
> calls ought to fail - even the ones on the main hunt-group number. (Or did I
> miss something in the original message).
>
> To answer ISDN calls, you need the DATA CALLS feature enabled. I'm not aware
> of
> any configuration of the MAX1800 where it is disabled, so you can probably
> get
> tech support to fix that for you with a quick hash-code update.

Every 1800 I buy comes with Data Call Not Installed - It wasn't until
5.0Ap27 or greater I think when that setting it actually looked at
that...so if you are running older code, it doesn't matter because the
code does not look for Data Call to be installed.

Note to Ascend Manufacturing:  start shipping 1800s with Data Call
Installed

Dale