(ASCEND) OK to turn off P75 while connected??

I have a Pipeline 75, and I have been woondering something for quite
some time..

If I am connected to my ISP (which uses all Ascend equipment BTW, Max
and TNTs) and I have decided that I am now finished with my
connection, is there any harm in me simply cutting the power to my
Pipeline, without Ctrl-D then hang-up, manually??

Does simply cutting the power cause any problems to my ISP's
equipment, will it take a while for it to realize I have dropped, and
thus tie up something for a while??

I guess I am thinking back to my old Compuserve days in the mid 80's,
and maybe this is no longer any issue.

Currently I manually hang up, before I power down my PC and turn off
all the power..

Thanks,

--  John