(ASCEND) 2 LANS, the 'Net, and a sprinkle of NAT

Got a customer with 2 buildings. They have 2 Pipelines, one at each
location. They want each location to be able to connect to their ISP, and
they also want each location to be able to connect to each other for file
sharing and whatnot:

                        ISP
                        /\
        (real IP) ------  ------- (real IP)
                 |               |
                router <---> router
           10.0.0.1/24       10.0.1.1/24
                 |               |
                 |               |
             win98's,NT       win98's
            10.0.0.2,3,4...  10.0.1.2,3,4...

First I set-up each P50 with the ISP's account. NAT worked like a champ,
and Internet access is working fine.

Next I set-up new accounts for the 2 routers to call each other on
demand. Each router now has 1 account connecting to their ISP (and the
default route points to their ISPs IP), and 1 account connecting to the
other router. Manually dialing works fine and the connection is
established. However, it seems like some packets are getting lost (some
pings get unanswered, etc), and that the router is confused about which
account to use to send packets out. Are there some pref's I need to
change? Routes I need to add? I thought simply having an account defined
with a subnet would be enough for the P50 to figure out where to send
things. Was I wrong?

Jon