Re: (ASCEND) 2 LANS, the 'Net, and a sprinkle of NAT

> Next I set-up new accounts for the 2 routers to call each other on
> demand. Each router now has 1 account connecting to their ISP (and the
> default route points to their ISPs IP), and 1 account connecting to the
> other router. Manually dialing works fine and the connection is
> established. However, it seems like some packets are getting lost (some
> pings get unanswered, etc), and that the router is confused about which
> account to use to send packets out. Are there some pref's I need to
> change? Routes I need to add? I thought simply having an account defined
> with a subnet would be enough for the P50 to figure out where to send
> things. Was I wrong?

Indeed creating the connection profile with the correct "LAN Adrs" and
netmask for the other side will imply the necesary route to get to
the other side, but you might as well check it in the terminal server:

ESC [ ESC 0 (to get into the termserv)
sh ip rout

Watch for the route pointing to the other side. It should point to a
wan interface when the link is up, and to a wanidle interface when the
link is down.

I would expect a setup like yours to work just fine. It could even be
set so there is a backup route to the Internet through the other
location is the main link goes down (though sessions in progress
would not survive)

-Phil