Re: (ASCEND) Max 4000 Statistics

Everything you should need is in the Radius Stop record. However most of
this information is also available via SNMP if you want to go down that path.

You need to look at the call and session mibs which are on the ascend ftp
server. These contain data (such as username, IP address and mask, data
rate, call type etc) on a per session basis, and a pointer to the correct
ifIndex. The ifIndex will lead you to packet and octet counters for the call.

Let me know if you want the details.

Regards,

dean

At 08:31 AM 8/18/98 -0700, Marcus Maukonen wrote:
>I have been looking into pulling some statistics
>off of our max 4000's and would appreciate any
>suggestions on ways and methods. I need a way
>to log connection durations per connection and/or total duration of
>call time the box has taken calls.
>We are using radius to authenticate calls dial-up
>accounts.
>Has anyone logged these sort of stats, and if so how ? As far as i can
>see the box will not provide these figures and neither will radius as
>it only logs on connnection, not disconnection.
>

>Marcus Maukonen
>Nethead

Dean Frye.                      Escalation and Regional Support
                            ________
Ascend Asia Pacific        |   /\   |   http://apac.ascend.com/
Level 38/55 Collins        |  /__\  |   em: dfrye@ascend.com.au
Melbourne, Victoria        | //  \\ |   Voice:   +61.3.96567000
Australia 3000             |/ \__/ \|   Mobile:   +61.418546635
                             ASCEND