(ASCEND) NavisAccess 4.1 on NT

I installed the patch to NavisAccess but it did not have the
srvcmgr.exe.  I noticed the database had grown to 699MB even though I
have the database groomer set for 15 days so I attempted to do a backup
and then try to pare down the size.  The backup mechanism only backs up
to the C: drive which did not have enough space.  I then shut down all
the services related to the database (NavisAccess Server, Event
Streamer, SQL Anywhere - NavisAccess DBServer).  Now I can't seem to get
the database to restart.  I have restarted the computer to no avail.  I
have tried to restart the services independently but that always fails.
In the event viewer it says "The NavisAccess Server service depends on
the SQL Anywhere - NavisAccessDBServer service which failed to start
because of the following error:
The operation completed successfully."  Now how can a service fail to
start if the other one completed successfully?

Can anyone offer assistance?

--
Michelle Morris
Director, Technical Services