Re: (ASCEND) Max 4xxx/6xxx and 6.1.7

Jon, I'm wondering if there really is a connection or not.  When you say
Telnet you're referring to traffic over port 23, right?

Any web browser by definition uses Telnet (to port 80) to get web pages,
e-mail uses ports 25 and 110 to send and receive mail, etc..  These are
all simply TCP connections.

While I wouldn't be surprised if your story was true (since I have seen a
lot of strange things) it doesn't really add up.  TCP is TCP is TCP (so to
speak) just on different ports.

-Rob-