Re: (ASCEND) NavisAccess 4.1 on NT

Hi Michelle,

Yes! it looks to me like you need to run from a command line the
following command "c:\ dbeng50 -f c:\navisaccess\database\ascend.db."
this should fix the problem you are having. We usually recommend that you
use the database maintenance applet to preform any database functions. If
this does not fix your NavisAccess problem feel free to contact me at any
time.

Oh! and Michelle one more thing, I strongly suggest if you haven't
already done so, that you install the service
available for NavisAccess 4.1. These are available on the Ascend FTP
sight at ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/NavisAccess/, drill
down from here into Service_Packs and Report_Enhancement_Packs into the
platform you are running on and get the files. There is a text file that
explains how to install each of them. The WindowsNT service pack
directory has an executable file named "srvcmgr.exe", this is a
standalone executable that launches into a GUI application that will
allow you to stop one, two or all of the services, and controls the order
in which this is done.

Thank You,

-SES

At 07:29 AM 8/20/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I installed the patch to NavisAccess but it did not have the

>srvcmgr.exe.  I noticed the database had grown to 699MB even though I

>have the database groomer set for 15 days so I attempted to do a
backup

>and then try to pare down the size.  The backup mechanism only backs
up

>to the C: drive which did not have enough space.  I then shut down all

>the services related to the database (NavisAccess Server, Event

>Streamer, SQL Anywhere - NavisAccess DBServer).  Now I can't seem to
get

>the database to restart.  I have restarted the computer to no avail.

>have tried to restart the services independently but that always
fails.