Re: (ASCEND) Starting a connection programmatically

> As for your question concerning call profile activation, an easy way to
> accomplish this via telnet would be through an expect script.

All my attempts at controlling Pipelines via expect scripts only result
in something that works "most of the time". The fact is that controlling
a VT100 interface automatically is not very reliable, especially if you
have to send delay sensitive arrow key escape sequences (luckily, with
the Pipeline, you don't have to do this, since emacs arrow keys work).
And there are so many other quirks to worry about (e.g., Ctrl-D
sequences have no effect when "Profile stored" is displayed; you have
to wait for the message to disappear first or make it disappear with
some other keystroke).

Wasn't there a way to telnet to a different port and go straight to a
more program friendly interface, either the termserver, MIF, or debug?

For the application of making changes to the configuration of the
Pipeline, MIF is the interface of choice, methinks. Debug would be
usable too, but it doesn't work if some other session is already
using the debug interface.

-Phil