From: Jerry Ablan <jablan@mindbuilder.ocm.bungi.com>
To: ascend-users@bungi.com <ascend-users@bungi.com>
Date: Friday, August 21, 1998 12:29 AM
Subject: (ASCEND) Starting a connection programmatically

>I'm working on a program that will start up my P75 automatically when I
call it. To do this, I'm monitoring my syslog file for incoming calls. When
one comes in, I want to make a certain profile active, then bring up the
connection.

>Bringing up the link is easy (ping), but activating the profile proves more
difficult. My question is this, must I use the telnet interface to activate
this profile? Or can I do it some other way? If not, am I stuck sending
escape sequences and carriage returns to manually navigate through the menu
system?