Re: (ASCEND) 6.1.7 and randomness of the Max IP address....

I am experiencing a strange problem similar to what you are seeing with
6.1.7.  When I do a traceroute to a customer's ISDN device or modem from
our cisco or one of our UNIX boxes I no longer get the Ethernet IP address
of the MAX.  I would prefer to get this address since I can find out what
one of our MAXen they are connected to. :)

This is the only thing I have seen with 6.1.7 so far that I have had any
problems with.  I'd like to see it fixed in a future release but it is
more of an annoyance than a crippling problem.

-Rob-