Re: (ASCEND) 6.1.7 and randomness of the Max IP address....

Interesting... I'm running 6.1.7 (very plain, no OSPF or stacking) and can't
seem to reproduce this.  My methodology was to take the output of "show
users" and traceroute to each IP in turn - in all cases the secon-last hop
was the ethernet interface of the MAX (and yes, we do have some customers
using numbered interface link).  Is there something else I need to see this
problem?

Regards,
Neale.