RE: (ASCEND) Outgoing calls happening w/no callback enabled?

> > Do any of the numbers match the numbers recorded in the RADIUS Accounting
> > details file?
>
> You mean the numbers that are dialing in?  And in the detail log?  I
> don't see any numbers recorded there.

Do you see any of the phone numbers that Bell Atlantic says you are calling
being recorded as the source (Caller-Id or Calling-Station-Id) of a call in
your details file.  This might allow you to match them up with customers or
some other known reference point.

Typically, when using a BRI or PRI you will receive the phone number of
device that originated the call (Caller-Id or Calling-Station-Id) and the
phone number they dialed (Client-Port-DNIS or Called-Station-Id) recorded
with the RADIUS accounting information.

> > Dialout #7 - Enabling either MPP or BACP protocols for a connection
>
> This allows someone to dialout?

The protocols allow either side to add additional bandwidth to a session
by initiating a new call.  In theory, this might allow your system to call
a customer back.

> > > Almost all of the numbers being called answer with a modem.

If you allow the modems to establish a carrier, do you get a login prompt
or other recognizable information?  If you look up the phone numbers, do
you recognize the name of the owner?

> > > Bell Atlantic insists the calls are going out of our PRI's.

Do you have any customers you need to call from your PRI's?  If not, you
might try having Bell Atlantic block outgoing calls.  If they still report
calls, then there may be a switch problem.