RE: (ASCEND) 6.1.7 and randomness of the Max IP address....

Traceroute should respond with the IP of the interface the packets comes
in; not the one it goes out.  AS least that is how Ascend routers used
to work, and how all other routers/server/anything with multiple
interfaces behaves.

This Max, running this particular software revision from Ascend,
responds with the PTP IP of the _last_ caller.

Raul Zighelboim   -  504.636.3800  -  Verio Gulf South
rzig@verio.net    -                -  New Orleans,  LA