(ASCEND) was... static IP for NAT? is... still not clear

Several digest messages ago, a question about NAT came up

>>>A while ago I was told by an Ascend Tech Support that I must have
>>>a "Dynamically assigned" IP for NAT to work on my LAN. So I switched the ISP
>>>that provided me with a static IP to one that dynamically assigns one.
>>
>>It _can_ be dynamic, but it is not a requirement,
>>after all, is the pipeline really going to know
>>if I just happen to randomly assign it the same IP every time? ;^)

>Exactly!

I don't think the original question was answered.

I understand that the ISP can make their side randomly assign the same IP
every time.  But what about if I (the customer) wants to take the fixed
addresses assigned to me, and build in NAT support using one for the Pipeline
WAN side interface?

Where do I put this address in the configuration tables?

-fred