(ASCEND) MAX F/R status/diag

Greeting all,

We have bumped into a limitation with the Frame Relay diagnostics/status
on the MAX (MAX2000 with 6.0.7).

The limitation is that the max status/diagnostic information appears to
make no distinction between a valid PVC which is inactive (nobody home at
the other end of a legitimate PVC) -vs- an invalid PVC (the PVC is not
configured on the FR Network).  In both cases, the MAX appears to list the
PVC as inactive, with zero data in the tx/rx figures.

Both Bay and Cisco make this distinction ("inactive" -vs- "invalid") and
it's _really_ useful when bringing up sites that don't come up first time.
Obviously this requires some form of LMI (which we do have ;-).

Can anyone confirm that we haven't missed something (or point us to
where/how we can gleam this information)?  Feature request time?

Thanks,
Neale.
 Neale Banks                                   Ph: +61 3 9205 0333
 Network Manager                               Fx: +61 3 9819 0533
 Planet Internet & Integration Design
 neale@idesign.com.au                          neale@planet.net.au
 http://www.idesign.com.au               http://www.planet.net.au/