Re: (ASCEND) Virtual IP routing / IP Navigator

At 10:50 PM 7/30/98 +0100, Neil J. McRae wrote:

>[a quick note, I'm noted for _hating_ cisco this message may confuse
>you but in the past few weeks I've come round to Ciscos hardware it
>is eons ahead of Ascend,

Legacy routers, yes. But not on core switches by a long shot. Cisco's
hardware is years behind Ascend.

>Its far from progress. And it most certainly wasn't invented by Ascend.

Distributed virtual route tables in ATM/Frame Relay switches was most
certainly invented here.

As for the rest of your complaints, the GRF is working just fine in some
networks, and yes it has had problems in others like yours. It is clearly a
niche router.

The CBX however has worked flawlessly everywhere. If you have a
demonstratable problem, I'd love to hear about it. IP Navigator was just
released a few months ago, and is working pretty darn well so far. Ascend
native frame relay and ATM is clearly the best and we can prove it. In fact
we do prove it on a daily basis to all the carriers who end up buying our
switches.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com