Re: (ASCEND) Everyone go buy a fan.

>You'll also find that having two racks of MAXen side by side is a bad idea
>as well.  They simply blow hot air into the ones in the rack to the left
>of them, and it's overheat city.

Ascend sells a simple metal shield for both the Max and TNT's that will
reflect the air to the front and back of the rack, rather than to the side,
avoiding this problem. I'm not sure what the part numbers are, but your rep
should know. If you're stacking TNT's two deep in a cabinet, then you need
to turn the shield so that air blows down.

In my experience, most colo facilities are worse than DLC boxes. The temps
can easily get into the 100's, and air quality is shit. You're best bet is
also racking a Liebert mini AC unit in a cabinet. They're not much more
expensive than a good UPS, and they don't leak!

HTH,

Scott Kozicki
BlueStar Communications