Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) Re: Max 2000, 7.0.4, Call Refused

>From: Ray Davis <ray@carpe.net>
>
>I'm getting nowhere with support@ascend.com anymore, so maybe someone
>on the list can help...

Huh. Imagine that.

>We have a Max 2000 (S/N: 7171098) which has been running fine for
>a couple years under 5.0Ap36.  No analog modems - just ISDN.  Via
>radius it was configured to authenticate users via call-id or via
>pap/chap.  i.e. If the call came in with an isdn call-id and there
>was a corresponding entry in the radius users file then the call
>was authenticated.  If the isdn call-id was unknown or if there
>was no call-id then pap/chap was accepted.  Perfect!
>
>Then we installed a couple of 8 modem cards (MX-SL-8MOD-S56) and,
>of course, had to finally upgrade the software.  We upgraded to
>7.0.4 (using reik.m20 and feik.m20).  Now call-id is being handled
>differently and we haven't been able to figure out how to fix it.
>
>Now if a call comes in with a call-id and the radius users file
>knows this call-id, the call is authenticated as expected.  But if
>a call comes in with an unknown call-id, the call is immediately
>rejected (call refused) and the caller is not given the
>opportunity to authenticate with pap/chap.  Only if the call has
>no call-id is pap/chap allowed.
>
>Under Ethernet/Answer these are set:
>     Use Answer as Default=Yes
>	Profile Reqd=Yes
>	Id Auth=Prefer

Check your Answer/Select CLID setting. Also, try playing with
different Id Auth settings. There were various changes to the way
CLID authentication is handled in 7.0.x. Check out the 7.0.26 release
notes for details.

I don't have a Max 2000 or use CLID Auth, so I'm just guessing.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/

"Where's my burrito?" -- Homer