Death

anvil@lysator.liu.se writes:
-> Matthew Zeher wrote about codex of coolness. In reply I would like
-> to ask him what exactly he means by this. I, myself doesn't consider
-> it uncool to take advantage of monsters trapped in small rooms.
-> I didn't put them there, I only play the game. When does this
-> 'taking advantage of' end? When my wizardchar throws in 400 sp
-> worth of large fireballs into a room where 4 titans reside and
-> can't get out (ie the titans in Desert Keep) ?? They can't get to
-> me, but I would never ever be able to beat them in a "fair" fight.
	My point entirely, you shouldn't be fighting 4 titans and
therefore should never get the experience for them or the treasure
they leave. If your going to go up agianst titans you SHOULD have to
fight them the way the were intended to fought when they were created
as an archtype. You should never be able to get a postion where you
can attack and they can't. Whats the point of the game if your going
to take advantage of that type of game unbalance.
-> The rules of the game is the code written, not some codex of
-> coolness. How am I supposed to know when the mapmaker wants to give
-> away things and when he just didn't think? If you find an artifact in
-> a chest, would this codex of coolness prevent you from picking it up?
->
-> Just curious.
	Look this game is a beta release so all the bug haven't been
worked out yet. And certainly is not as balanced as it should be. I
said before they are those maps that are made to "screw you" instead
of entertain you. Well on the flip side there are also maps that are
way to generous as well. You can always just spend a little time and
go to those places and get stuff and experience for basically free but
if you going to play the game that way, then what the hells the point.
If there is no risk involved the reward is meaningless.
	Now back to what started this entire conversation, Death.
If you play the game and take advantage of those little hacks where
powerful monsters can't defend themselves, I can certainly see why you
think the game might be to easy. But I was argueing my point of Death
being to harsh from the standpoint of not taking advantage of those
particular hacks. I had not taken those particular maps into account
because well I just couldn't see anyone haveing a lot of fun by
returning to the same place over and over to get free experience
points. Now tell me truthfully if all the maps in the game where
monsters are traped and can't attack back, were taken out, do you
still think the game would be to easy??

P.S. agian I appoligize if I sound like I'm balsting the authors and
the map makers, I am not. I am just tring to put forth concerns that
should definatly be looked at before game release.

						Matt
						matt@cs.odu.edu