Re: stats suggestion

Corwin writes:

> Also, another thing that I think would be neat would be to allow higher
> leverl characters (say above 6th) to modify their character' icon.
> There seem to be all kinds of nifty monster icons but the players are
> pretty much stuck with the ones they started with.

There is a compilation-flag (CHRFONT) that allows you to compile the game in
such a way that you can define your own character-icon. Do this;

	i)	Ask the local DM to recompile the game with that flag.
	ii)	Create 4 bitmaps (24x24) for left, right, up and down.
	iii)	Create a bmaps-file (look at the bmaps-file for the fonts).
	iv)	Run this through xbmtobdf to generate a bdf-file.
	v)	Run the bdf-file through bdftosnf to get a snf-file.
	vi)	Move this to the font-dir for crossfire.
	vii)	Run a mkfontdir on the directory.
	viii)	Do 'xset fp rehash' to tell X about the new font.
	ix)	Run crossfire with the -chrfont <fontname> option.

NOTE:	If you play sessions with other players, they will have to update their
font-paths as well.

/Eneq