stats suggestion

Excerpts from internet.crossfire: 15-Mar-93 suggestion Jonathan
Katz@CAD.UCLA.E (455)

> How about making the roll_stat routine return 13, always, then modify
> the swap_stat code to do a -1 +1 on the two stats.... This would be
> an easy way of implementing a pool of stats and allowing players
> to create their own characters....

> Sorry, but, I never really liked rerolling over and over etc....

> Also I have a quick question... Is there a
>   difference between mage/cleric/wizard/priest aside
>   from starting goodies and stat mods?

> -Jonathan

I thoroughly agree with the idea of having the stats start out at some
base (say 13) and then having a ool of points that one can apply to
customize one's character.  The idea of just sitting there rolling over
and ove (roll again (y/n) ) is just mind numbingly dull and assigning
points makes much more sense.

Also, another thing that I think would be neat would be to allow higher
leverl characters (say above 6th) to modify their character' icon.
There seem to be all kinds of nifty monster icons but the players are
pretty much stuck with the ones they started with.

Just a thought.

-Corwin

I had a feeling about Mathematics--that I saw it all.
Depth beyond Depth was revealed  to me--the Byss and
the  Abyss.  I saw--as one  might see the transit of
Venus  or even  the  Lord  Mayor's  Show--a quantity
passing through  infinity and changing its sign from
plus to minus. I saw exactly how it happened and why
the tergiversation  was inevitable--but it was after
dinner and I let it go.
                               -Winston S. Churchill

Corwin (cj1l@andrew.cmu.edu)