Re: Documentation ...

On Mon, 18 Apr 1994, Jason Fosback wrote:

> Unfortunately, some of us are on the other side of a fire-wall.  This
> means *nothing* besides FTP, telnet, and mail gets in OR out.  This means
> I *can't* use WWW or Mosaic.

Hmm, I think you should take the Skullcleaver and go to talk
to your company security people :). The stateful sessions like,
telnet and ftp are much more bigger security risk, than stateless
sessions like WWW or gopher.

Your company is lost incredible good information source if it
does not let people go out to use WWW. (no talk to let anyone
access in, just out).

> I would prefer some docs we could read in the distribution.  PostScript
> format is great!

But anyway you can use www as local from disk. Because www
is a hypertext format it gives much more flexible way to
browse documentation as paper.

[The documentation, say crossdoc.X.X.tar.gz, is meant to
distribute in same way, as other packages, in addition
server use.]

-- <A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">The Page</A> --